SCC TECH RIDE IT SLICK CHAIN LUBE 2 oz.
SCC TECH RIDE IT SLICK CHAIN LUBE 2 oz.
WHAT IS IT?
PENETRANT: capable of delivering lubricating and cleaning properties into micro-crevice’s (as small as a millionth of an inch)
DETERGENT: floats contamination and debris to the surface
DISPERSANT: pushes contamination to the outer links of thechain and prevents adherence of new contamination inside the chain
SYNTHETIC LUBRICANT: a high-quality thin oil that is molecularly homogeneous and coats the chain evenly and is active in all conditions
PROPRIETARY ADDITIVE: binds the forementioned properties andgives the complete formula an affinity for metal (think of a chemical magnet)
WHY USE IT?
- DURABILITY:once past the initial application process,subsequent reapplication is only recommended every 25 pedaling hours
EASE OF USE: due to its ability to actively clean lubricateas you ride, outside of the occasional application, the only maintenancerequired to keep a drivetrain running clean and smooth is an occasional postride wipe down of the chain and chainrings to remove any contamination thatfloated out or that settled on the drivetrain
RIDE QUALITY: again, because ‘RIDE IT SLICK’ actively cleans and lubricates as you ride, ride quality and performance does not diminish, instead the more you ride the better ‘RIDE IT SLICK’ is able to perform
MULTI-PURPOSE: due to its durability, non-corrosiveproperties, and its ability to stay active, ‘RIDEIT SLICK’ worksgreat in cable housing, wheel assembly, derailleur pivots and suspension pivots
Simple to use and delivers minimal friction with superior long-lasting durability in all-weather conditions.
SLICK INCORPORATES A DETERGENT ADDITIVE THAT WORKS ITS WAY DEEPER INTO YOUR CHAIN AS YOU RIDE, REMOVING THE CONTAMINATION TRAPPED IN MICRO-CREVICES AND FLOATING IT TO THE SURFACE OF THE OUTER LINKS, WHICH MEANS RIDING YOUR BIKE HAS BECOME AN EFFECTIVE STEP IN THE CLEANING PROCESS. THE RESULT? IMPROVED DRIVETRAIN PERFORMANCE OVER LONGER PERIODS OF TIME, IN EVERY CONDITION.
DO NOT PRECLEAN WITH DEGREASERS OR SOLVENTS!
1. COAT EACH LINK
2. THEN RUN THROUGH ALL YOUR GEARING COMBINATIONS.
3. WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DRIVETRAIN THOROUGHLY AND AGGRESSIVELY WITH AN ABSORBENT RAG OR MICROFIBER CLOTH.
Remember you are doing more than just wiping off excess lube, you are cleaning your chain. This process is removing previously used lubes, solvents, degreasers and debris picked up in all your previous rides.
WHEN YOU'RE DONE YOUR CHAIN SHOULD LOOK CLEAN WITH A SLIGHT SHEEN
ON GOING MAINTENANCE
TO KEEP YOUR DRIVETRAIN RUNNING SMOOTH AND CLEAN SIMPLY WIPE YOUR CHAIN, CHAINRINGS, AND CASSETTE IN-BETWEEN RIDES. IF ANY PART OF YOUR DRIVETRAIN APPEARS "GREASY" OR DIRTY, SIMPLY WIPE CLEAN DO NOT REAPPLY OR USE DEGREASERS OR CLEANERS - WHEN APPLIED AND MAINTAINED PROPERLY 'Ride it Slick" DOES NOT GUNK UP OR ATTRACT DIRT & DEBRIS
- A Smoother Functioning Drivetrain- Enhanced chain performance that increases with every ride
- Silent and Responsive shifting
- Lube Less - Extended intervals between re-application (typically 3x - 5x longer than other chain lubrication / chain coating products)
- Clean Less Frequently and in Less Time - Ride it Slick's cleaning and lubricating properties actively remove contamination from your chain requiring only quick, periodic wipe-downs between rides. Deep cleanings go faster with minimal use of harsh drivetrain cleaners and degreasers
- Minimized buildup on chain rings, cassette, and derailleur pulleys
- Ride it Slick contains 4 main elements:
- A high-quality synthetic lubricant with a special additive that has a bonding, chemical affinity for metal (think of it like a chemical magnet). The lube stays slick, and on the chain where you need it.
- A Penetrant capable of reaching into millionth-inch spaces
- A Detergent that floats away contaminants trapped in the micro-crevises of the chain while your ride and brings them to the surface
- A Dispersant that prevents re-adherence new contaminants into the inner workings of the chain. This makes cleaning as easy as wiping the chain as opposed to the time-consuming and dirty practices of using heavy chemicals and degreasers